Calling all my Account Coordinators, Executives, Manager, Directors, Juniors, Seniors and Group leaders in Toronto and Vancouver, this post is for you.
- Let’s all go to the lobby! Ciniplex Entertainment Home Office needs a National Account Manager. (Link)
- Join the ranks of one of Canada’s richest families… kind of. Rogers needs an Account Manager. (Link)
- Kimberly-Clark is looking for a Key Account Manager. (Link)
- It’s no Google, but Yahoo Canada wants an Account Manager. (Link)
- Microsoft needs an Account Executive. (Link)
- TELUS needs an Account Executive (and better cell phone rates). (Link)
- umbra is seeking a Marketing Coordinator. (Link)
- and last, but not least, Carlson Marketing needs an Account Coordinator. (Link)
- ActiveState, another company that merges two WordsTogether to make a new one, is looking for an Account Executive. (Link)
- Blast Radius needs a Director of Project Services (Link) and they are also looking to hire an Account Director. (Link)
- The Vancouver Board of Trade (where my membership is about to lapse) is recruiting a Membership Acc0unt Exective. (Link)
- IBM needs a Client Manager. (Link)
- Maximizer Software, a CRM software,an Account Coordinator. (Link)
- Corus Entertainment Company, who has a great suite at Rogers Arena, wants an Interactive Account Corrdinator. (Link)
- Still hiring, Best Buy wants a Coordinator- Senior Communications. (Link)
That’s it for now my darlings.
Hey Vancouver! It’s snowing! That means we all get to go home early, right?
OK. Maybe not. Instead, why not apply for a new job? Here’s a broad cross-section of creative/advertising and/or marketing jobs in and around Vancouver:
It's a living!
- HSBC requires a Marketing Manager. Sounds fun! (Link)
- If you “strive for excellence”, you might just be the right fit at GMR as their Account Coordinator. (Link)
- Blast Radius, just down the street from my house, is looking for a Project Manager. (Link)
- The Sandman Hotel Group needs an Online Marketing Coordinator. (Link)
- Interested in event planning, implementation and communications? Who isn’t! PWC wants you to apply for their Marketing Coordinator role. (Link)
- Go back to school and apply for the VP Academic and Provost at Emily Carr University of Art and Design. (Link)
- Chances are that you’ve recently visited a Donnelly Group establishment. They are all over town. They are also looking to hire a Senior Art Director. (Link)
- Breath deeply and appreciate your job. Become a Visual Merchandise Associate at Lululemon. (Link)
- Omni Warranty Corp is looking for a Graphic Designer with five years experience. (Link)
- Calling all copy writers! Sage Simply Accounting team in Richmond needs you for a 4-month contract. (Link)
- Or perhaps a 3-month contract at Electronic Arts as a technical writer would suit you better. (Link)
- Breakfast Television (Rogers) in Vancouver needs a Junior Associate Producer! This job was just posted yesterday. (Link)
It’s been a while since our last You Better Work posting. This should keep you busy for a while:
- MacDonald Search Group has two openings; one Account Director (Link) and one Account Supervisor (Link).
- MindField Group is looking for an Advertising and Social Media Strategist. (Link)
- Want to be a Peer Events and Public Relations Coordinator? The British Columbia Paraplegic Association needs you! (Link)
- In the property management sector, Hollyburn Properties is seeking a Marketing Manager. (Link)
- Faronics – where my pal Ryan works – needs an Account Manager. (Link)
- Go back to school at Langara College and teach Magazine Design. (Link)
- BC Parks and Rec (Government Job!) needs an Advertising – Marketing – PR – Sales person. (Link)
And for my friends in Toronto, here are a few openings:
- Transcontinental Marketing Communications needs a Marketing Analyst (Link)
- Google is looking for an Account Executive (Link) and a Display Account Executive (Link).
- LinkedIn needs an Account Manager for Ad Sales. (Link)
- The Ontario Lotteries Group has a one-year contract for an Associate Brand Manager. (Link)
- Microsoft is looking for an Account Executive. (Link)
- Fly the friendly skies with Air Canada. They need a Sales Communications Specialist. (Link)
- Rogers Media needs an Account Manager (Link) and a Marketing Manager (Link).
Welcome to Monday, my darlings. I hope you all enjoyed the extra hour of sleep this morning.
Personally, I countered that hour by staying up until 1am reading the biography of Oran Canfield, son of Jack Canfield (Chicken Soup for the Soul fame). The biography is scandalous – or at least it has been so far. Oran talks about his heroin use and run-ins with the law starting from age seven. I’m only on page 53, but have been sucked into the story and can’t wait to read more. If you’re interested, pick up a copy. It’s titled “Long Past Stopping”.
Now that I’ve completed my first semi-book review on this blog, let’s get down to business. The business of finding a job. Who’s hiring this week?
- Best Buy needs a Senior Content Production Coordinator. (Link)
- The Fairmont Hotel in Vancouver is seeking a Sales Coordinator. (Link)
- Goldbeck Recruiting is trying to find a Large Format Ad Sales Specialist for one of their clients. (Link)
- And if you have restaurant experience, The Mark Anthony Group is looking for a Records Maintenance Specialist /Compliance Assistant. (Link)
- In North Vancouver, eBridge Marketing Solutions needs a Marketing Coordinator. (Link)
- International Film Services (IFC) needs a Marketing Manager for the BC Region for a 10-month contract. (Link)
- For all you gamers, Electronic Arts needs a Marketing Assistant who is passionate about soccer. (Link)
- Simply Marketing needs an Intern. (Link)
- Another hotel job, the Metropolitan Hotel needs a Director of Sales & Marketing. (Link)
- My buddies over at Faronics need a Channel Marketing Specialist. (Link)
- And finally, Coca-Cola needs an Account Manager. (Link)
That should keep you busy for a while.