With the taste of white wine still lingering my mouth from last night’s NABS BBQ at Cossette, I’m here to tell you about the next industry commiseration libations. AdDrix is having their Summer Luau! Hooray! And they totally scored the sweetest location in all of Vancouver: the Art Gallery Cafe!
ADDRINX SUMMER LUAU
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 14, 2013
5:00 – 8:00PM
GALLERY CAFE & CATERING
What is AdDrinx?
Because we often find ourselves too busy to see each other, AdDrinx is a fine excuse for advertising people to get together, raise a glass, catch up on advertising gossip, and – very importantly – donate a few dollars to a worthy cause while doing so.
At each AdDrinx social, 100% of the proceeds we raise gets passed on to those in need in our local community. Over the last two years, our supporters and regulars have helped us raise thousands of dollars in toys and cash donations for our community. If you are able, we invite you, too, to bring our industry together and make a difference.
It’s drinking on a patio for a good cause, you guys. RSVP on their Facebook event page and see you there!
Upcoming Vancouver Advertising Event:
Who doesn’t like a BBQ?
NABS is holding a BBQ on August 8th, from 4:30 – 7:00pm.
Cossette has donated the wrap-around patio on the 5th floor so our friends can sling burgers, beer, and hot-dog-shaped tofu sticks down our gullets.
Tickets are $10.00 each and can be bought online. They get you in the door, a meat/bun item of your choice, and 1 beer or wine. Plus you can enter your business card for all sorts of door prizes – so make sure you bring one of those. (Hopefully you didn’t give them all away at the bar like I did.)
There are only a few tickets available at the door, and those will cost you $15.00 each. So don’t be a non-committal lazy ass. Get your tickets today, and RSVP on the Facebook page – that way you can see who else you’ll be partying with.
- Telus: Marketing Communications Specialist (Advertising/Design) (Link)
- Telus: Manager, Marketing Communications (Link)
- Yelp: Community Manager (Link)
- Hootsuite: Social Media Coach (Link)
- UBC: Marketing & Communications Coordinator (Link)
- UBC: Agency & Marketing Coordinator (Link)
- Flight Centre: Marketing Manager (Link)
- 1-800-GOT JUNK?: Sr. SEO Strategist (Link)
- 1-800-GOT JUNK?: Brand & Partnership Programs Manager (Link)
- 1-800-GOT JUNK?: Graphic Designer (Link)
- Mountain Equipment Co-op: Creative Lead (Link)
- Mediaplanet: Account Executive/Publisher (Link)
- Vision Critical: Marketing Manager (Link)
- Vancouver Community College: Executive Director, Marketing & Communications (Link)
- Ipsos: Marketing Specialist (Link)
- TBA Digital: Interactive Technical Copy Writer (Link)
- NewAd: Graphic Producer (Link)
- Cossette West: Media Digital Specialist (Link)
- Rethink: Writer, Art Director, Graphic Designer, and Sr. Account Director (Link)
- Sunwing Vacations: Graphic Designer (Link)
- Bell Media: Graphic Designer (Link)
- Vision Critical: Public Relations Manager (Link)
- Rogers: Marketing Manager (Link)
- Rogers: Art Director (Link)
- Rogers: Account Manager (Link)
- PwC: Marketing Specialist (Link)
- LinkedIn: Campaign Planner (Link)
- Indeed.ca: Senior Account Executive (Link)
- Tim Hortons: Associate Brand Manger (Link) < Do something about the shitty lids, kay?
- Zipcar: Marketing Manager (Link)
- Neilsen: Market Analyst (Link)
- Unilever: Assistant Brand Building Manager – Dove Bar (Link)
- Unilever: Assistant Brand Building Manager – Hair (Link)
- Expedia: Market Manager (Link)
- Draftfcb: Sr. Digital Social Strategist and a Writer (Link)
- JWT: Account Supervisor, Director, and Executive (Link)
- Cossette, Account Supervisor, McDonald’s (Link)
- DDB: There are a few openings, including Senior Consultant, CRM Writer, Account Executive, Community Moderator, and Interactive Developer (Link)
- Rethink: Account Manager, Art Director, and Writer (Link)
- Taxi: Strategy Director, ACD, Writer (Link)
Agnus won the agency’s pumpkin carving competition five years in a row, even though they didn’t permit her to use a knife!