Did you know that between 1976 and 2010, the unemployment rate reached its highest levels in 1983 (12.0%) and 1993 (11.4%)? Even thought it may feel like the opposite, the effect of the recent recession on unemployment was much milder. In 2007, the unemployment rate was at a decades low of 6.0% – then increased to 8.3% in 2009. And fell back down to 8.0%.
That’s a lot of numbers. What does it all mean?
It means shit’s not as bad as you think. Get a job!
Here are this week’s findings;
- Apply for the Account Manager role at GMR Marketing Vancouver. (Link)
- Be an Internet Marketing Consultant at Reach Local. (Link)
- Check out the Co-creative Director gig at Taxi Creative. (Link)
- Try out the Marketing Communications Coordinator at TurnLeaf Consulting Inc. (Link)
- The Arbutus Club needs a Communications Coordinator. (Link)
- Resonance is hiring an Interactive Designer. (Link)
- There is a Product Design Manager opening at Mountain Equipment Co-Op. (Link)
- You could be a Product Marketing Manager at Spark Integration Technologies. (Link)
- Or an Account Executive at SmarttNet. (Link)
- LifeSize Communications (a division of Logitech) needs a Regional Account Manager. (Link)
- Or you could be a part-time Communications Coordinator at Holloway Schulz. (Link)
- And finally, in Vancouver, Blast Radius is hiring a Strategy Director, Sr. Financial Analyst, Sr. Creative Director and a gaggle of Project Managers. (Link)
- West Jet needs a Communications Manager. If you get the job and a buddy pass, you have to take me on holiday. (Link)
- Accrue Performance Marketing is looking for an Interactive Account Director/Manager. (Link)
- And there are Account Manager (Link) and Marketing Strategist (Link) openings at William Joseph Communications.
- Taxi needs a Junior Creative team for the Boston Pizza account. (Link)
- Cossette is looking for a Senior Account Supervisor. (Link)
- Or you could try for the Senior Account Manager – Digital Measurement roll at Edelman. (Link)
- Immersion Media needs a Senior Account Manager that enjoys entertaining clients and attending sports events. (Link)
- JWT needs an Account Supervisor – CPG with consumer packaged goods and TV experience. (Link)
- CNIB needs a Marketing Copywriter. (Link)
- The Hospital for Sick Kids needs a Coordinator, Marketing, Social Media & Publishing. (Link)
- Be a Senior Digital Buyer at ZenithOptimedia. (Link)
- Or a Senior Brand Manager at Molson Coors Canada. (Link)
- Beer not your thing? Apply for the Marketing Specialist r0le at Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers. (Link)
- Bell in Mississauga needs a Direct Marketing Communications Specialist. (Link)
- Carlson Marketing is looking for an Account Manager. (Link)
- Blast Radius hiring a Client Partner, Art Director, Strategy Director and Admin Assistant. (Link)
Beth was lucky to have selected the most capable intern out of the bunch.