Is your commute the best part of your day? Crammed underneath someone’s armpit on the train. Or being pummelled by backpacks and garbage bags full of empties on the bus? It might be time for a new job. Do you sometimes think about stepping in front of a car, just so you can get a couple of days off? It might be time for a new job.
Lucky for you, I’ve collected a few of Vancouver’s best this week.
- Getty Images requires an Account Manager. Just think! You’d get to deal with people like me all day long. (Link)
- Postmedia Network needs an Account Executive with solid mathematical skills (slash calculator). (Link)
- UBC is looking for a multi-talented know it all. They are calling the position Publications and Technical Services Assistant. You need to build web pages, newsletters and know the Dewey Decimal System. (Link)
- Knowledgable with the print industry? Check out Transcontinental‘s posting for a Customer Service rep. (Link)
- Are you a casual graphic designer? Apply for the Forms and Graphic Design role for Lions Gate & Vancouver General Hospital. (Link)
- WorkSafe BC is looking for a Communications Officer. Writing, editing and print and electronic production are just some of the responsibilities. (Link)
- Vancouver Community College is looking for a Marketing & Communications Officer who is a team player. So if you hate people, don’t apply for this one. (Link)
- The Moving Picture Company is hiring a mid-level designer. Design/sculpting background is an asset. The description states “requires modelling for deformations”. How fantastic is that? (Link)
- Here’s my favourite so far; Indochino.com wants a Graphic Designer who is wildly creative and obsessively meticulous. Guess they’ll find out soon enough that those two things don’t exist together in nature. (Link)
- I’ve never heard of them, but I loved the name. Nerds Corps Entertainment is hiring a Junior Designer. Colouring is part of your job description. (Link)
- Freelance Production Designer? Check in with Blast Radius. They need you ASAP. (Link)
- Blitzoo Games is a 21-person studio that creates Facebook games. They require a Social Media Specialist. (Link)
- I thought twice about posting this one because of the job title. But EthicalDeal is looking for an Online Marketing Guru (vomit). You’ll be dealing with Affiliate Marketing, SEO, PPC, landing page optimization and more. (Link)
- Station X, formerly Marquis… who took over TBWA (or something like that) is still seeking an Account Supervisor. (Link)
- For my friends in Victoria, CTV Vancouver Island wants a part-time Web & Social Media Producer. (Link)
- CBC Music needs a Graphic/Web Designer who is passionate about Canadian and international music. (Link)
- Harvey McKinnon Associates is looking for a Direct Response Account Manager. (Link)
- And last, but not least, the BC Medical Association needs a Communications Officer. You must possess a passion for writing. (Link)
That’s all for today, friends. Good luck with your job search!